We’re looking for a strong Finance professional who has both breadth and depth of experience to coordinate the delivery of accounting services in the US. This is a real opportunity to transfer skills from one’s track record to define and deliver the next phase of our exciting journey. Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager – US (based in the UK), the role holder will play a key part in driving process and service excellence in delivering financial services for the US portfolio of clients WiseEnergy serves.
The role is to be the main Finance point of contact in our US office and will mostly be responsible for all bookkeeping, accounting and tax matters. Tax would be outsourced to an external provider but an understanding of the fundamentals of tax from a compliance and strategy perspective is expected.
In addition to their normal responsibilities, the successful candidate will need to flag issues and support their resolution through to completion, and proactively drive continuous improvement within the finance department.
A good working knowledge of US GAAP, particularly insofar as it relates to energy companies is expected. The finance manager is expected to be able to undertake the responsibilities outlined below with minimum supervision.
- Cash management, restricted cash and link to Financial Statements disclosures
- Accounts Receivable/Billing/Revenue
- Liaison and provision of inputs to appointed tax advisors and other outsource providers
- Timely submissions of inputs for corporate tax compliance
- Local county tax liaison and filing preparation and submissions
- Corporate compliance management
- Preparation of quarterly financial statements (project companies and guarantors)
- Preparation of monthly portfolio report and presentation to portfolio and fund managers
- Close coordination with the debt management team for lender and tax equity deliverables
- Leading on annual budgets and quarterly reforecasts
- Recording and maintaining fixed asset register
- Intangible assets (capitalization, amortization and impairment assessment)
- Accounts Payable and Accrued Expenses
- Related Party payables/Intercompany reconciliations
- Coordinate with advisors on equity and Hypothetical Liquidation Book Value calculations
- Preparation of Financial Statements (up to Audit ready stage) under US GAAP
- Audit Liaison
CONSTRUCTION (where required)
- Develop capitalization policy in conformity with US GAAP
- Record costs incurred that should be capitalized
- Record costs to the right cost categories
- Liaise with tax advisors to ensure that construction cost coding will facilitate the cost certification audit and the Investment Tax Credits (ITC) determination
- Update transaction close schedule by project and reconcile to accounting records
- In consultation with Independent Engineer develop asset retirement estimate as required by US GAAP
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Working Experience: 4-6 years in a similar role as a financial advisor or asset manager covering the U.S. renewable energies market.
- Education: Bachelor's or master’s degree, CPA
- Language Skills: English, a second language would be an advantage
- IT Skills: Proficiency in the use of Microsoft packages (with key focus on Excel) with the ability to learn quickly other relevant cloud based ERPs/systems. Knowledge of NetSuite would be a distinct advantage.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely with internal and external stakeholders
- Ambitious, confident and self-motivated
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, high intensity environment
- Systematic and methodological approach, with the ability to multi-task, and prioritise work streams
- Deliver all outputs to timeframe and to a very high standard
- Highly numerate, attention to detail, with the ability to learn new processes quickly
- Strong team player, with a focus on collaborating rather than working independently
- Share our passion and mission of ‘generating a more sustainable future by leading the transition to clean energy’
- Driven to live the company values of - be a leader, build trust, be responsible, be innovative and bring your alpha
- Legally entitled to work in the US
WHAT WE OFFER
Remuneration and benefits for the role will include:
- Competitive base salary, plus eligibility for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Private medical for the employee and family
- Paid holiday entitlement
- The opportunity to be part of a globally growing company and have a positive impact on the world.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send an updated copy of your CV to Simba Mupfumira, with the firstname.lastname@example.org in copy by no later than 30th June 2022. We ask that you let your current manager know that you are interested in the role before applying. If you would prefer not to do so, please disclose this when you apply.
The selection process for shortlisted candidates is likely to include more than one interview and a presentation.