WiseEnergy is a trusted and established solar asset manager, offering all the services clients require to manage and optimize large-scale solar plants, from development and construction through to long-term operational asset management. Since its founding in 2008, WiseEnergy has provided expert asset management services to over 1,500 solar plants (500+ ground mounted assets and 1,000+ rooftops), with an installed capacity of more than 2GW.
We have over EUR4billion of assets under management across four continents, overseen by our team of over 120 professionals, with specialisms in technical, finance, commercial operations and project management.
Our workplace is fast paced and international. We nurture a culture that balances hard work, diligence and professionalism with support, consideration and respect for the individual.
Our employees are primarily based in London, Milan, Hyderabad and in the USA. Our people come from a variety of academic backgrounds and are united by the desire to use their knowledge and skills to advance the renewables industry and thus make a positive contribution to the world.
WiseEnergy is part of the NEC Group.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a globally growing company and have a positive impact on the world.
Department: WiseEnergy Technical
Employment type: Permanent – full time
Minimum experience: Mid-level
The candidate would join the operational team in the technical management of large photovoltaic plants portfolios managed by WiseEnergy Italia S.r.l. on behalf of primary investors and financial institutions at national and international level, and in particular would be involved in the following activities:
- Daily supervision and analysis of the technical performance of the plants;
- Permanent inspection and analysis of the technical performance of the plants with the aim of optimizing their availability and performance ratio;
- Management of the relationships with Operation & Maintenance contractors and Customer Interface on Technical Issues;
- Ensuring all O&M / other technical service providers achieve, at a minimum, their contractual obligations by undertaking monthly reviews with clear actions against monthly reports and outstanding site visit items and by issuing defects notices/formal letters promptly as appropriate
- Incident tracking and resolution;
- Support in the preparation of periodic reports on technical performance and other operational aspects of the plants;
- Supervision and management of outcomes of the site visits executed by the site managers;
- Analysis and control of the technical documentation related to the plants;
- Support to the other teams in providing regular compliance with the DNOs, insurance companies, Public Entities, etc.
This is a very dynamic and challenging role in a fast-growing international environment with an industrial approach to the management of solar plants. The role allows a significant exposure to both senior team members and external Clients.
Knowledge, skills & experience
- Work Experience: 1-2 years of experience in Solar PV, preferably in the field of renewable energy (Asset Management, Technical Advisor, Owners’ Engineer, O&M contractor, EPC, etc.) and / or in similar business positions.
- Education:Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably in Electricity or Electronics or qualified to the same level through experience of other qualification.
- Language Skills: Italian mother tongue, good English (written & oral).
- Technical Skills:
- Any experience in technical teams, ideally in the renewable energy sector;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the technical characteristics of PV plants;
- International experience would be a plus
- IT Skills:Microsoft Office, especially Excel,PowerPoint, Teams; SCADA systems; PVSyst (appreciated but not required)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal); able to communicate clearly and concisely with internal and external stakeholders
- Confident and self-motivated
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, high intensity environment
- Systematic and methodological approach, with the ability to multi-task, and prioritize work streams
- Deliver all outputs to timeframe and to a very high standard
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Numerate, attention to detail, with the ability to learn new processes quickly
- Strong team player, naturally collaborative style
- Genuinely passionate about ‘generating a more sustainable future by leading the transition to clean energy (our mission)
- Legally entitled to work in Italy
What we OFFER
- Competitive base salary and eligibility for discretionary annual bonus
- Flexible working practices
- Healthcare for employee and dependents
- Progressive, collaborative culture where professional development is valued and nurtured
- Opportunity to work with and learn from other talented professionals who want to have a positive impact on the World
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to apply, please submit your application via the link. If you have been shortlisted for an initial interview, we will contact you. Otherwise, regrettably due to the large volume of applications our roles attract, if we have not contacted you, please assume that you have not been selected to interview.
First Round Interviews:
- Via Audio/ Video call with our Head of Italy Tech Team – assessment of skills and capabilities relative to role description
Second stage interview
- Via Audio/ Video with Head of People (HR)
- Via Audio/ Video with Global Head of Technical Operations