Title: Private Markets Product Specialist, Investor Relations
Level: Vice President / Director
Timing: Need someone to start ASAP
Location: Central London, W1
NextEnergy Group was founded in 2007 to become a leading market participant in the international solar sector. Since its inception, it has been active in the development, construction and ownership of solar assets across jurisdictions. NextEnergy Group operates via its three business units: NextEnergy Capital (Investment Management), WiseEnergy (Operating Asset Management) and Starlight (Asset Development).
NextEnergy Capital (“NEC”) comprises the Group's investment management activities. To date, NEC has invested in over 325 individual solar plants for a capacity in excess of 2.3GW across it institutional funds. www.nextenergycapital.com
• NextEnergy Solar Fund (“NESF”) is a solar infrastructure investment company focused on the UK and other OECD countries, that is listed on the premium segment of the London Stock Exchange. It currently owns 865MW spread among 99 individual assets in the UK and Italy, comprising a gross asset value of £1,094m. NESF is one of the largest listed solar energy investment companies in the world.
• NextPower II (“NPII”) a private fund made up of 105 individual operating solar power plants and an installed capacity of 149MW, focused on consolidating the substantial, highly fragmented Italian solar market. NPII was successfully divested in January 2022, a 2016 vintage vehicle that generated net IRRs to its investors in excess of 25%, versus a gross target of 10-12%.
• NextPower III ESG (“NPIII”) is a private fund exclusively focused on the international solar infrastructure sector, principally targeting projects in carefully selected OECD countries, including the US, Portugal, Spain, Chile, Poland and Italy. NPIII ESG is a fund that provides a positive social and environmental impact to the countries it has and will invest into. NPIII completed its fundraise with a total of $896m, including a SMA raised. The target of the fund was $750m.
• NextPower UK ESG (“NPUK ESG”) is a private unlevered fund investing in greenfield subsidy-free solar projects, with PPA’s, in the UK. NPUK ESG was launched in December 2021. The UK Infrastructure Bank is providing financing to the initial seed assets of the
fund, and plans to invest up to £250m, half of the fund’s total target fund size, on a match-funding basis.
WiseEnergy® is NextEnergy Capital Group’s operating asset manager. WiseEnergy is a leading specialist operating asset manager in the solar sector. Since its founding, WiseEnergy has provided solar asset management, monitoring and technical due diligence services to over 1,300 utility-scale solar power plants with an installed capacity in excess of 2.2GW. WiseEnergy clients comprise leading banks and equity financiers in the energy and infrastructure sector. www.wise-energy.com
Starlight is NextEnergy Group’s development company that is active in the development phase of solar projects. It has developed over 100 utility-scale projects internationally and continues to progress a large pipeline of c.2.5GW of both green and brownfield project developments across global geographies.
We are seeking an experienced professional to undertake an exciting opportunity to work in the demanding field of investor relations within a leading solar fund, and on a team that has raised significant capital in the last 12 months.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to become an integral part of our team, to focus on the ‘Product’ side of investor relations, while also dealing with and liaising with investors.
The team has raised circa $600 million in the last 12 months, plus achieved an approval from an investor to match fund up to £250 million. The team is currently fundraising for a UK fund and will launch an international solar fund next, which will be NEC’s largest fund yet.
Working alongside NextEnergy Capital professionals, this will be an integral role in the team, with this person having the Global Product lead for the Investor Relations team:
• Leading of LPA and side letter negotiations
• Management and oversight of PPM’s
• Structuring of funds and applicable investor platforms, including tax related input
• Review and management of investor presentations and follow ups
• Negotiating with investors
• Integral and key part of a fast moving team
• Role will also involve marketing to and liaising with investors
The ideal candidate will:
• Strong attention to detail
• Significant experience of negotiating LPA’s, side letters and general documentation
• Have worked with investors before at a legal firm, placement agent or an investor relations team; ideally renewable energy or infrastructure experience
• Have structured funds before
• Very strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to fit in and adapt quickly and achieve in a fast-moving team
• Proficient English language skills
• Strong academic track record
• 10 + years experience
Your application was submitted successfully.